Well, it’s week 2. How did that happen? If you’re here for the first time, I am a guest participant in Linda from Calling it Home’s famous One Room Challenge. There are 20 designers invited by Linda to transform a room over the next 5 weeks. You can check out what they’re doing every Wednesday via the link on her blog. And there are a whopping 249 guest participants, of which I am one, doing the same. You can check out our progress on Thursdays. I am transforming our very adequate, but builder’s grade, master bathroom.
This was the week of demolition. #messy The old tile has been removed. The new floor tile is completely installed. Just the tub surround left to do. What a difference!! I’m sharing my inspiration pieces so you can get an idea where I’m heading with this. #chinoiseriechic
Here’s my to do list and the few check-offs to date:
- Replace all tile – almost
- Replace vanity top – purchased slab, waiting on template, then installation
- New faucets – better get going
- New vanity and ceiling lights (ceiling light to be painted) – purchased – installation next week (fingers crossed)
- Replace huge mirror with 2 mirrors, one over each sink – got em – not up yet
- Paint pickled oak vanity
- Paint room
- Window treatments – fabric chosen
- Clean – I get all the glamour jobs
- Style – I also get the fun jobs
Here’s a little peak at a before and after of the floor. I love the new tile, but I also love the thinner grout line. Yes, it’s the little things. Details! Can you tell I’m excited?
Recapping – there will be marble, blue and white, white and a surprise wall color. Still deciding on an accent color. I have 2 or 3 ideas, but no decisions. This one is tough.
Thanks for stopping by! See you next week.